CHRISTOPHER JOSEPH TROST
Christopher "Joseph" Trost (Maria Sophia Friederike Buchholz, (Martin) Johann Wilhelm Buchholz, Martin Jochim Heinrich Buchholtz, Franz Christian Buchholtz)was born 24 June 1874 in Harrison Township, Montgomery County, Ohio. He died 12 February 1943 in Tipp city, Miami County, Ohio and was buried 15 February 1943 in Tipp City Cemetery, Tipp City, Ohio.
Joseph married Elizabeth Ross on 28 September 1903 in Miami County, Ohio by Rev. Stroud. Elizabeth was born 14 September 1884 in Tippecanoe City, Ohio. Her parents were T. N. and Mary DeBold Ross.
At the time of Joseph and Elizabeth's marriage, Joseph, was a Conductor for the Eastern Railroad.
Joseph and Elizabeth had the following children:
1. Franklin Kenneth Trost was born 12 April 1905 and died 11 June 1992.
2. Robert Ross Trost was born 30 March 1908 in Miami County, Ohio.
3. Fredrick Joseph Trost was born 26 March 1912 and died 30 December 1976.
4. Mary Ann Trost was born 1 December 1918 and died 1 December 1918 and was buried in Maple Hill Cemetery, Tipp City, Miami County, Ohio.
5. Mary Elizabeth Trost was born 25 August 1920 and died 15 May 2008.
1. Franklin "Kenneth" Trost married Catherine Suerdieck. Catherine was born 28 October in Tipp city, Miami County, Ohio. She died 18 March 1997 and was buried in Saint John's Catholic Cemetery, Tipp City, Miami County, Ohio.
Kenneth worked in the Banking Industry as Managers and Administators.
Kenneth and Catherine had the following children:
a.. Jayne Trost was born 1932
b. Nicholas K. Trost was born 16 March 1935 and died 23 October 2008
3. Fredrick "Joseph" Trost was married to Margaret Martha Hall on 13 September 1936. Margaret was born 11 May 1915/1917 in Toledo, Lucas, Ohio and died on 18 January 2004 in dorothy Love Retirement Community, sidney, Ohio and was buried in Maple Hill Cemetery, Tipp city, Miami County, Ohio. Her parents were Earnest H. and Fanny McAllister Hall.
According to Joseph's sister, Mary Trost Snell, she said Joseph rode his bicycle to work daily and was dedicated to the composing room of the Troy Daily Newspaper of Troy, Miami County, Ohio.
Joseph and Margaret had the following children:
a. Victoria Elizabeth Trost
b. Kathy Trost
5. Mary Elizabeth Trost was married to Robb T. Lee Snell on 5 January 1943.
Mary and Robb had the following children:
a. Christina Gray Snell
b. Christopher James Snell
Mary was a lover of all animals, especially birds and her beloved cats, Punkin and Gatto. She was a member of St. John's Lutheran Church in Covington, Ohio as well as Sugar Grove Bible Church in Frederick, Ohio.
SOURCES: Genealogy information from Mary Trost Snell and Virginia Brown