DANIEL LOVEL PLANK
Daniel "Dan" Lovel Plank was born on 10 June 1812. He died on 23 March 1886 and was buried in Plank Cemetery, Brookfield, Tioga County, Pennsylvania. He married Eliza A. White, daughter of Samuel and Elizabeth Horton. Eliza was born on 19 April 1824 in Buffalo, New York. She died on 29 March 1907 in Potter Brook, Pennsylvania and is buried in the Plank Cemetery, Brookfield, Tioga County, Pennsylvania.
Dan and Eliza had the following children:
1. Matilda M. Plank wasa born in 1851 and died on 1 January 1923 in City of Onslow, Madison/Wyoming Township, Jones County, Iowa.
2. Julia L. Plank waas born in 1845 and died on 20 November 1859.
3. William Plank was born in 1847.
4. Alpha E. Plank was born in 1848.
5. Daniel A. Plank was born in 1849.
6. Ellen Plank was born in 1855
7. Martha Plank was born in 1858
8. Sylvester L. Plank was born on 10 July 1861 in Potter Brook, Tioga County, Pennsylvania and died on 27 February 1946 in Pennsylvania.
9. Cora A. Plank was born in 1865.
Newspaper Article: The Wellsboro Agitator, Wellsboro, Pennsylvania, April 13, 1886 - I wish to correct a mistake that has been printed in some of our local papers. They say that Daniel Plank, who died at the residence of W.L. Plank, March 23rd, was 76 years old. His name was Dan Lovel Plank. Had he lived till the 10th of June he would have been 75 years old. His funeral was held at the house where he died, W.L. Plank's, and his body was laid to rest in the Plank burying ground. Rev. S. L. Bovier preached his funeral sermon, and the Baptist choir did the singing.
PLANK, ELIZA ANN WHITE - obituary - Wellsboro Agitator, Wellsboro, Pennsylvania - April 10, 1907
Mrs. Eliza Plank, aged 83, of Westfield Township, died on the 29th ultimo. She was the widow of the late Daniel Plank, whom she married when but fourteen years of age. Nine children were born to them, seven of whom survive. The funeral was held from her late home last week Monday, Rev. J.G. Macklin officicating; interment in the Plank Cemetery at Sylvester, Tioga County, Pennsylvania.
Eliza was a housewife and died of pneumonia.
1. Matilda M. Plank was born in 1851 in Pennsylvania. She died on 1 January 1923 in City of Onslow, Madison/Wyoming Township, Iowa.
Matilda married David Lewis.
**Newspaper Article**THE AGITATOR: WELLSBORO, PENNSYLVANIA - JANUARY 17, 1923
Matilda Lewis, wife of David Lewis, died January 1, 1923 at the home of Eugene Lewis at Onslow, Iowa. She was the daughter of Dan L. and Liza Plank. She is survived by three sisters and two brothers. Mrs. Ellen Walters, Mrs. Martha Lewis, Miss Cora Plank, Dan Plank and Sylvester Plank. Sylvester and Cora Plank of Westfield, have been at Onslow, Iowa for the past 10 months taking care of their sister.
2. Julia L. Plank was born in 1845. She died on 20 November in Brookfield Township, Tioga County, Pennsylvania and is buried in Plank Cemetery, Brookfield Township, Tioga County, Pennsylvania.
Tombstone reads: Julia Plank, daughter of Daniel and Eliza.
Newspaper Article: Tioga Agitator Newspaper
Abstract, Wellsboro, Pennsylvania, December 15, 1859
Plank, Julia Livonia - died 20th ult., in Brookfield, Pennsylvania, Julia Livonia, daughter of Danl. L. and Eliza Plank, aged 15.
8. Sylvester L.acey Plank was born on 10 July 1861 in Potter Brook, Tioga County, Pennsylvania and died on 27 February 1946 in Pennsylvania. He married Ada Stebbins, she was born on 4 June 1866 in Harrison Valley, Potter County, Pennsylvania. She died on 14 March 1923 in Harrison Valley, Potter County, Pennsylvania.
Sylvester and Ada had the following children:
1. LuLu Plank
2. Mildred Plank
3. Viola Plank
Newspaper Article - The Wellsboro Agitator, Wellsboro, Pennsylvania - September 2, 1890
In the Common Pleas the following matters were disposed of: Sylvester L. Plank was appointed Deputy Constable for the west end of Brookfield to look after the election.
The Wellsboro Agitator, Wellsboro, Pennsylvania - January 1, 1896
Sylvester Plank, farmer, Westfield, Pennsylvania was appointed to be a Grand Juror for the County of Tioga, Pennsylvania.
Sylvester Lacey Plank was named after his great-grandmother Jedidiah Lacey who was married to Daniel Metcalf and, of course, he was also named after his grandfather, Sylvester Plank.
ancestral lineage: Sylvester Lacey Plank, Daniel Lovel Plank, Sylvester Plank, Mehatabell Metcalf Plank, Jedidah Lacey Metcalf, Ebenezer Lacey, Ebenezer Lacey, Edwarad Lacey Jr. Edward Lacey, John Lacey (DeLacey).
2. Mildred P. Plank was born on 18 June 1894 Potter Brook, Pennsylvania. She married George Rufus Hosley on 4 July 1923. Mildred died on 29 April 1978 in Penn Yan, Yates County, New York.
Mildred and George had the following children:
1. Boneta J. Hosley was born in 1920 and died 1976. She married Kenneth Justus Keilman and they had two children.