Wilhelmine Alwine Ottilia Rohde "Minnie" (Karl Friedrich, Wilhelm Rohde) was born 23 October 1882 in Boock, Kreis Randow, Pommern, Germany. She died 8 January 1942 in Richland Township, Saginaw County, Michigan and was buried in Richland Lutheran Cemetery, Richland Township, Saginaw County, Michigan.
Minnie married Herman Koeppen, son of William Koeppen and Minnie Yard, on 1 July 1903 in Zion Lutheran Church, Hemlock, Saginaw County, Michigan by Rev. Carl Mueller. Herman died 9 May 1930.
Minnie was a member of the St. Peter Evangelical Lutheran Church, Hemlock, Michigan. Her Confirmation Bible Verse was Psalm 50 verse 14. Carl Dittman and Martha Kratz were the witnesses to the marriage of Minnie (Rohde) and Herman Koeppen.
Minnie and Herman's children were:
1. Wilhelm G. Koeppen was born 23 August 1904 and died 11 May 1934.
2. Carl Albert Koeppen was born 10 February 1908 and died 2 February 1962.
3. Herman W. Koeppen was born 10 february 1912 in Richland Township, Hemlock, Michigan and died 8 January 1979 in Flint, Michigan and was buried in Hemlock Cemetery, Hemlock, Michigan.
4. Herbert Adoph Koeppen was born 24 April 1915 in Richland Township, Hemlock, Michigan and died 21 October 1938 in Saginaw County, Michigan and is buried in the Richland Lutheran Cemetery, Hemlock, Michigan.
5. Edna Eleanor Koeppen was born 15 June 1916 and died 1 August 1967.
6. Meta Koeppen was born 22 March 1910 and died 14 July 1978.
7. Hilda Minnie Koeppen was born 3 November 1920 and died 28 March 1992.
Carl Albert Koeppen "Charlie" married Margaretha Rahn on 22 October 1942. Margaretha was born 8 January in Bay County, Michigan. She died 18 August 1981 in Saginaw County, Michigan. Both Charlie and Margaretha are buried in Richland Lutheran Cemetery, Richland Township, Saginaw County, Michigan.
They had the following children:
1. Ellen Smith - stepdaughter
2. Lorna Smith - stepdaughter
3. Carl Koeppen
4. Robert Koeppen
5. Vera Koeppen
6. Doris Koeppen
Edna and Vernon Liebrock had the following child:
Vernon J. Liebrock was born in September 1942 in Lakefield Township, Merrill, Saginaw County, Michigan. He died 19 February 1986 in Lakefield Township, Merrill, Saginaw County, Michigan and in buried in Lakefield Township Cemetery, Merrill, Saginaw County, Michigan.
The photo is of Meta Koeppen's confirmation picture.
Meta Koeppen married Roy Milledge and had the following child: Roy Herman Milledge, he was born on 28 January 1932 and died 13 May 1998.
Meta also married Hartie A. Volkman. Hartie was born 25 August 1889 in Presque Isle, Michigan. He died 9 August 1975 in Midland, Michigan and was buried in Richland Hemlock Cemetery, Hemlock, Michigan.
Hilda Minnie Koeppen married Julius Albert Edgar Rahn on 3 January 1942. Julius was born 24 June 1918 in Beaver Township, Michigan. He died 1 June 2007 in Alma, Gratiot County, Michigan. Both Hilda and Julius are buried in Ridgelawn Cemetery in Breckenridge, Gratiot County, Michigan.
Hilda and Jullius had the following children:
1. Edna Rahn
2. Ernest C. Rahn was born 5 July 1944 and died 1 February 1989.
3. Frederick A. Rahn Sr. was born 5 May 1947 and died 8 December 1993.
4. Richard Rahn
Julius Rahn was employed by the Dow Chemical Company for over 27 years. He was also a member of the Zion Lutheran Church, Hemlock, Michigan.
SOURCES: researched by Brad and Jackie Rohde, information and photo's by William and Esther Rohde; Julius Rahn; and Lorraine Koeppen