IRA JOE BUCHOLZ
Ira Joe Bucholz "Ike" (Carl Friedrich Theodore Johann Bucholz, (Martin) Johann Wilhelm Buchholz, Martin Jochim Heinrich Buchholtz, Franz Christian Buchholtz) was born 14 June 1909 in Marion Springs Township, Saginaw County, Michigan. He died 10 November 1976 in Hale, Iosco County, Michigan and was buried in Oakwood Mausoleum, Saginaw, Saginaw County, Michigan.
Ike married Cinderella Maureen Hashbarger, daughter of Elias and Ella Leatherman Hasrshbarger, on 6 July 1937. Cinderella was born 5 August 1916 in Gladwin, Gladwin County, Michigan. She died 18 March 1991 and was buried in Oakwood Mausoleum, Saginaw, Saginaw County, Michigan.
Ike and Cinderella had the following children:
1. Ellen Yvonne Bucholz was born 28 September 1939 and died 18 September 2001.
2. Thomas Bucholz
Ike was a multi talented man that could play different instruments, the fiddle & violin, organ & piano, guitar & banjo. Ira (Ike) was named after Nettie's brother, Ira Netzley.
In Ikes younger years, he was known to be able to step up in front of crowds and sing, play instruments and entertain people at different township halls and gatherings. Ike was a very likeable,
dependable, and capable person. Ike enjoyed hunting, trapping, and fishing. During World War II he worked for the General Motors Buick Plant in Flint, Michigan making airplane
parts. He also worked for Peets Packing Company in Chesaning, Lufkin Rule Company in Saginaw, owned his own landscaping business, and worked for the City of Saginaw. He retired from the
City of Saginaw in June 1974, working in the Water Department for many years.
Ike has told the story of him and his brothers Earl and Carl being typical young boys: Their father Charles had sent his three sons out to the fields to work one day and instead of working they had hidden fishing poles and decided to go fishing. Ike, Earl and Carl could hear their father calling them but did not answer, they knew they had better catch some fish before going up to the house that day. Lucky for them, they had a great time, and caught lots of fish, that night their father seemed happy while cleaning his sons fish they caught.
information given by Ike's brother, John W. Bucholz
By putting your computer cursor on the picture, it will show you a caption of each picture.
1. Ellen Yvonne was born 28 September 1939 in Saginaw, Saginaw County, Michigan. She died 18 September 2001 in Union Printers Home, Colorado Springs, Colorado and was buried in Woodland Park Cemetery, Wood Park, Colorado.
As a young woman, Ellen played piano and cello with the Saginaw Youth Symphony. She was an accomplished artist and loved the outdoor and wildlife. She enjoyed genealogy and researching for the families information. Ellen worked at General Motors Steering Gear Division in the 1970's.
2. Thomas Joe Bucholz
Tom Bucholz married Virginia "Jean" Danilowicz on December 17, 1966 in Saginaw, Saginaw County, Michigan.
Tom and Jean had the following children:
a. Thomas James "T.J." Bucholz was born in Saginaw, Saginaw County, Michigan.
b. Mary Bucholz
Tom has a Bachelors and Masters Degree from Central Michigan University, Mt. Pleasant, Michigan. From 1967 until 1980, Tom was a high school teacher in Frankenmuth, Michigan, teaching woodworking, automotive repair, welding, and drafting, until he took a job as an engineer with General Motors. He spent nearly 25 years with GM, working his way up in the company to senior advanced manufacturing engineer. He curently is in the Delphi Engineering and Automotive Hall of Fame for his groundbreaking work in the field and holds several patents and record of invention.
a. T.J. Bucholz married Lori and had the following children
1. Luke Bucholz born in Midland, Midland County, Michigan
2. Grace Bucholz born in Lansing, Ingham County, Michigan
1. T.J. has a Bachelors Degree in Journalism from Central Michigan University and a Masters Degree in Public Administration from Western Michigan University. T.J. has worked as Communications Director for the Michigan Department of Education under Governor Engler from 1999 to 2003. He worked as Communication Director for the Michigan Department of Community Health under Govenor Granholm from 2003 to 2007 and served on her executive staff from 2007 to 2008. T.J. worked from 2008 to 2009, directly for Bill Gates in Seattle, Washington at his foundation. Currently, T.J. is working as a Senior Director of Public Affairs at Lambert, Edward and Associates, Michigan's largest full service investor relations and public relations firm, managing the company's Lansing office.
Lori has her Bachelors and Masters Degrees in Education and Administration from Central Michigan University and is currently an Elementary Teacher.
SOURCES: John Bucholz, Tom Bucholz, T.J. Bucholz, Don and Betty Smith, Lyne Meyer and Dorothy Bucholz Mitas.