Adah Rigg Miller
Ada also married (2) Edward William Miller. Edward was born 29 June 1860 in Rome, Oneida County, New York. He died 28 August 1931 at his hoome and was buried 31 August 1931 in Lakefield Cemetery, Lakefield Township, Saginaw County, Michigan.
Ed and Ada had the following children:
1. Elizabeth C. Miller was born 9 January 1884 and died 28 October 1973.
2. Evonda Miller was born 4 October 1886 and died 19 November 1954.
3. Lucy E. Miller was born 2 December 1888 and died 21 September 1959.
4. Abigal Jeanetta Miller was born 12 May 1891 and died 26 October 1981.
5. Charles H. Miller was born 29 November 1893 and died 3 October 1948.
6. Ruth Cornelia Miller was born 19 February 1897 and died 10 June 1987.
7. Della Miller was born 20 April 1899 and died 8 June 1995.
8. Rudolph Herbert Miller was born 1 April 1901 and died 18 July 1983.
9. Leslie Earl Miller was born 30 may 1903 and died 10 June 1981.
10. Chancey Miller was born 4 November 1905 and died 5 October 1945.
The photo is of the EDWARD AND ADA MILLER FAMILY - front: Left to Right - Lucy Miller Johnson, Edward and Ada Miller, and Chancey Miller
back - Elizabeth Miller Short, Abigail Miller Harris, Charles Miller, Rudy Miller, Leslie Miller, Ruth Miller Hall, and Della Miller McKay.
missing from photo is Evonda Miller and Eliza Ackley.
The Edward Miller Family Photo - sitting: left to right - Chancey Miller, Ada Rigg Miller; standing - middle row - left to right: Della McKay, Ed Miller, Eliza Ackley, Elizabeth Short, Lucy Johnson, and Ruth Hall; standing - back row - left to right: Charlie Miller, Rudy Milller, Abigail Harris and Leslie Miller. missing from photo is Evonda Miller.
obituary: Adah Rigg was born in Spring Arbor, Jackson County, July 23 in 1861 and died at her home in Lakefield, Saginaw County, July 11, 1923, age 61 years 11 months and 12 days. She
leaves besides her husband 11 children, an aged mother, 2 sisters, 4 brothers, 15 grandchildren and a host of nieces and nephews.
IN REMEMBRANCE OF OUR MOTHER
WE MISS THEE FROM OUR HOME DEAR MOTHER
WE MISS THEE FROM THY PLACE,
A SHADOW O'ER OUR LIFE CAST.
WE MISS THE SUNSHINE OF THY FACE.
WE MISS YOUR KIND AND WILLING HAND,
THY FOND AND EARNEST CARE
OUR HOME IS DARK WITHOUT THEE
WE MISS THEE EVERYWHERE, OUR MOTHER
Ed Miller was born in New York state June 29, 1860, his father was John Miller. Ed came to Michigan when 21 years old, locating in Breckenridge. Two years later he came to Lakefield settling on a farm one mile north and one half mile west (Roosevelt Road) of Lakefield center where they lived in a log cabin house. Later they bought a farm one mile west of Lakefield Center and built a new frame house on it. He made his home there for the rest of his life. Ada Miller predeceased him eight years before his death.
Adah Rigg Miller information and photo's from Ernestine Krawcyk, Jeanetta Harris, Elaine Kricher, Betty Sutliff, Wilma McCaughna, Joe Miller, Alice Nobbs, Myrtle Miller, Sandy Kaufmann, Daniel
Miller, Janet Miller; The History of Robert Rigg and Family from 1800 and researched by Jackie Rohde